Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Emergence all around
Hi ladies. I am with you in the "emergent" phase. I'm not sure I will ever leave it, to some extent. It seems like as I continue to read and teach, I continue to come across new ideas, practices, and technologies that are "new" to me. So, I guess the question I have is: Do we remain emergent as long as we do not "know" something. Or, is emergence more an idea of positioning toward something, say, technology. If it is more of a position toward something, than I a moving beyond emergence because I have made the effort to learn and I have added pieces of technology into my course presentations and assignments. I also continue to wonder about the struggles and inequalities facing our students in many rural and urban schools. Do they have the same opportunities to move out of digital emergence as those in other more technologically connected schools do? What about teachers? Can you teach something you don't have access to? Maybe teachers need to actively advocate for technology... hm.... I wonder if that makes you uncomfortable? It seems like we ask teachers to do an awful lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment